Currently (From 1st April 2023: £9.65 per item
Prepayment Certificate costs
Currently (From 1st April 2023):
£111.60 for a full year (11.6 charges)
or £31.25 for 3 months (3.2 charges)
· If you have to pay for your prescriptions, it is usually cheaper to buy a prepayment certificate for either 3 months or one year.
· If you only need to collect one item a month and you are given 28 day prescriptions you will need 13 prescriptions for a year (currently £125.45), so it will cost you less to buy the prepayment certificate.
· If you pick up 2 items monthly you would currently pay £250.90 in the year. So if you buy a prepayment certificate you would currently save £139.30 and also you will get any extra prescriptions such as antibiotics free.
To buy a Prescription Prepayment Certificate go to:
You can get help with your claim by ringing 0300 330 1341
· Scotland, Wales & Northern Ireland No longer charge for prescriptions
· Multiple Charges for some items - See below. These are examples of items which carry more than one charge. For many of these you will still only be charged one current charge. Check with your pharmacy.